Upper and Lower Falls
At the base of Lower Falls...it was really cold!
The famous Yosemite picture!
Beautiful scenery!
On a little hike towards Half-Dome...it was only 0.8 miles but straight uphill and such a great workout! Poor Sean had to carry Evan!
We saw the cutest little hat for Evan...We had to take a picture!
Fun with Daddy!
Hangin with Mommy in Nana and Papa's motorhome!
Bathtime! We gave Evan a bath in Nana's sink in the motorhome. It was the perfect size!
All clean!!!
On one of the days when it was really rainy, we went to a huge cave nearby called Moaning Cavern. It is the largest single cave on the west coast, tall and spacious enough inside to hold the Statue of Liberty! It is also an archaeological sight, where some of the oldest human remains known in America were discovered. The cave has long been the resting spot of the bodies of prehistoric people who fell into its opening. The bones were preserved by the mineral-rich water in the cave. Here is a picture of the inside of the cave that I got off of the internet (mine didn't turn out very well...)We had to walk down 234 stairs to a depth of 165 feet below the ground! It was a really tight squeeze between rocks in the beginning!
Our whole group inside the cave
I guess Evan got a little bored...he fell asleep on our way out!
Hanging out by the campfire! Luckily, we were still able to have a couple campfires in between the rain!




4 comments:
I Love Yosemite. I have been bugging my mom to call and reserve a spot. It looks like you all had fun! P.S. I 've been bitten...it hurts.
That looks like such a great vacation. We are going to try to go camping this summer too. I hope it all works out. I haven't been to Yosemite since I was about 3. I think it's time to go back. It looks amazing. Glad you guys got some good vacation time.
Evan takes the cutest pictures!!! Sounds like you guys had an amazing vacation! :)
You are so smart to stay in a motor home. We went when Zach was 9 months and stayed in a tent. I told Chris we need a camper next time.
Post a Comment