CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

False Alarm...NUMBER 3!!!

So...Tuesday night I was reading my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book, trying to cram in any last-minute needed info, when I felt a warm gush of something trickle out of me. (Sorry if that's too graphic!) I ran to the bathroom and found more blood! This is the 3rd time that I've had bleeding during my last trimester and I thought..."Is he really coming this time?" Luckily, Sean called and said he was on him way home from school and I told him that I was bleeding...again. I laid down on the bed and starting feeling contractions that were coming about every 3 minutes. Sean got home and started running around our room grabbing any last minute things I needed for the hospital.

We got to the hospital at about 10:30PM and they checked to see if my water broke...it hadn't. They checked me and found that I was still dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. They hooked me up to the moniters and I waited. And waited. And waited. The contractions stayed at about the same intensity (they didn't ever really hurt THAT bad), but my stomach felt really crampy. I didn't sleep all night, the bleeding stopped the next day, and they did an ultrasound to see if anything was wrong. The baby looked great and they STILL don't know why I was bleeding. My doctor checked me again and found that I was now dilated to almost a 2 and 50-75% effaced. They sent us home at about 5:30PM on Wednesday and said to come back if I started bleeding again. Let's just pray that next time, my water breaks or I start having contractions that REALLY HURT! Here are some pictures from our stay at the hospital...

Here is the baby heart rate/contraction moniter. The top squiggly lines are the baby's heart rate. The bottom humps are my contractions. There was a girl a few beds over that was SCREAMING "Ouweee" during her contractions. I had Sean go spy on her moniter to see what hers were...her contractions were almost to 100. Mine only got to 50 and didn't hurt that bad. That girl ended up delivering her baby about 3 hours later.

4 comments:

Heather said...

How scary! I am so sorry that you keep getting false alarms and that you are having bleeding!! That doesn't sound fun at all!! I hope that things get better and easier!

Krystal said...

Dang girl! That baby is making you WORK, and he isnt even here yet!!! I hope you have no more false alarms!!!! How scary!
His room looks SOOO CUTE!!! You guys look like you are all ready! :)

Austin said...

Gosh girl, I'm glad your okay! I don't know how you deal with those false alarms, I think I would have a heart attack! Your one tough girl!

Shannon said...

Man, you are going to be an expert by the time this baby actually decided to debut. No fun to have so many false alarms. There's nothing more frustrating than being sent home without a baby when you're ready for one. Hopefully all will be well when he's born and it will go smoothly. Take it easy!