The High Desert usually gets some snow about one time a year. But since I've lived here (over 2 years), I haven't seen any. Last Wednesday, it started snowing about 9AM and didn't stop until early Thursday morning. It was really neat to sit inside and watch our yard fill up with snow! We ended up getting about 7 or 8 inches of fresh powder...it was awesome!
Early Thursday morning after the storm...the view from our backyard
Fresh powder in our backyard
Looking out at the front yard...
The front of our house...
Standing in the middle of our cul-de-sac...
My snow angel in our front yard!
Sean thought I was retarded when I tried to snowboard down our front yard...It didn't work very well, but I had to try! Haha! Come on...it's not every day we get snow like this!



4 comments:
I can't believe the snow! Ian's aunt lives in Palmdale and they got 8 inches too! Nuts. I love that you made a snow angel and tried to snowboard. You take what you can get, right? Very fun.
Oh my gosh! That is amazing! how fun!!!
Wow Monica, the snow is beautiful! We need to take a trip to Mt High soon!! Maybe for your bday!? hee hee! Happy Birthday! - early. What are your bday plans?
Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!
ps- I'd try to snowboard too! LOL!
Post a Comment